Looking for some Cajun blackened heat and seasoning? Blackening produces a black, peppery crust, which helps sear in all the flavor and juices, the spices used are commonly referred to as blackened spice or blackening seasoning. We also like to use this seasoning on the grill. To seal in the juices of the meat by forming a spicy crust you need to use lots of heat, which produces lots of smoke, this is where home chefs typically falter as they stop short of perfecting this cooking method as smoke fills the kitchen (and the smoke detector is probably going off, the dogs are barking and the kids are looking for the fire extinguisher).
You don’t have to blacken to enjoy so don’t be intimidated. Experienced home chefs place their iron skillet on the grill outside with the heat on high for at least 30 minutes. The skillet gets very hot but not white hot.
Here are a couple of tips: Keep your food cool as butter or oil sticks better Keep your filets about ½” thick Make enough butter and spice mixture to evenly coat all your fillets Dredge your meat in the butter and spices and place immediately into the hot skillet Cook, uncovered, until the underside looks charred, about 2 minutes. Turn the fillets over and again pour 1 teaspoon of butter on top; cook until done, about 2 minutes more For best results use 1-2 tablespoons of blacken seasoning per cup of butter.
Ingredients: Hand blended from paprika, garlic, yellow mustard, onion, black pepper, oregano, cumin, cayenne, thyme, bay leaves and celery seed.
About the product:
- Single Source, Freshly ground spices from the Grindstone brand. The grindstone operate a famous culinary retail store in historic Saint Augustine, Florida and offers custom blend of spices to the store patrons and Chefs around the country thru their distribution network.
- Each jar in the spice collection is filled by hand in glass jars with an assortment of premium gourmet seasoning blends, spices and herbs. Each jar holds 1/2 cup of product.
- Many if not all, of our blends are sugar and salt-free, so restricted diets can easily be accommodated without sacrificing the flavor of the dish.
- You will find that we carry everything from the classics --- like Italian Seasoning, Blackened Seasoning and Cajun Seasoning to our continuously growing line of exotic hand blended seasonings like --- Smoked Tea Rub to Tikka Masala. If you are one who loves to do outdoor grilling, we have some enchanting dry spice rubs for your chicken, burgers, steaks, ribs and seafood.
- Perfect for Homes, Restaurants, Chefs and any enthusiast of the gastronomy would find these a pure exotic delight. All spices are Non GMO and Product of USA.